Sunday, June 16, 2013

Job Interview

Last week I sent out my resume to few companies, eg: Nuffnang, Media Prima, Melody FM etc. Finally there's someone calling me for the interview but not the company that I want.

It's SIN CHEW DAILY. The lady called me to interview for news editor on Friday (14th June 2013) 12PM at their HQ, Petaling Jaya. I was very excited and asked Jeannie to accompany me. *THANKS*

During that day, I wasn't nervous at all. Maybe is because the interview was conducted by Mandarin and this is not the job that I want. 

A man, Mr Bai interviewed me. I think he is the head for news editorial department. He photocopied my secondary school and university result. After that he asked a lot of questions and interviewed me for 1 hour. Below are some of the questions: 
- Do you understand an editor's job scope? 
- Why do you choose editor as your job? 
- Please say out the current hot news. 
- Can you accept the working hours? (2pm - 10pm++) 
- Bla bla bla...

Luckily I read newspaper and watch 新闻报报看 everyday. I still could listed out few hot topics and answered his questions with my basic knowledge (?). LOL. 

Then he asked me to take a test for 2 hours. I was like, "WHAT?! Okie, WONG LING CHING. Calm down, it's not a big deal." 

1) It asked me to write an 800-words-essay, "Why I choose to become an editor?" So I blew waterrrr.
2) There are few questions for general knowledge, eg: Najib is from which state? 
3) Fill in the idiom and correct the wrong words. 
4) Create a title for 4 news. 
5) Translate an English news to Chinese news. 

I admit. I used Google for most of the general-knowledge-questions and Google Translate for the translation. GOOGLE, you are the best teacher in the world! Love you so much! 

So, I done the test and went for lunch with Jeannie. Yes, she was waiting me for almost 3 hours at the lobby. We went to Antipodean and ordered a lot of dishes! All dishes were very delicious except one -- the WEIRD salad!! Maybe it's not the salad that suit us. 

Grilled Chicken. RM19.
The tomatoes are so juicy and sweet! 

The BIG Breakfast which strongly recommended by Jeannie.
RM 20. It's really a big portion of breakfast! 

The WEIRD salad. RM19.
It has cheese, figs, tomatoes, chicken ham, olive oil and GREEN ROCKET.
Now I know the vege called GREEN ROCKET.

The Healthy Juice. RM12.
Strawberry, banana and orange. It's so tasty! 

That's all. I want to crawl to my bed now. My legs are freaking pain as I just finished my promoter job. Tomorrow is the last day for the Sensodyne Project! Yeah! *I'm a Sensodyne promoter*

No comments:

Post a Comment